Growth mechanisms and phase transitions of II-VI surfaces and epitaxial II-VI films
Project management at the University of Würzburg:
In the field of II-IV semiconductor surfaces this project focuses on the geometric structure, reconstruction and morphology of surfaces, in the field of thin films we concentrate on the examination of growth mechanisms, phase transitions, and (in cooperation with TP B2) on relaxation in thin pseudomorphic films. Methods applied are (SPA-)LEED, RHEED, and SXRD. The SXRD experiments were performed at the DORIS synchrotron of the Hamburg Synchrotronstrahlungslabor at DESY. Questions under study are the structure of (2´1)- and c(2´2)-reconstructions of the ZnSe(001) surface, a relaxation-induced mosaic-spread at the ZnSe surface, the influence of the step orientation on the surface morphology of ZnSe(001), the kinetics of sublimation and smoothening at the CdTe(001) surface, the adsorption of Te on Ge(001) as well as the role of Te-interfactants for the growth of ZnSe(001).
Geometric structure and morphology of surfaces
pseudomorphic growth and relaxation in thin films
from 01.1999 to 12.2001
- P. Grabs, G. Richter, R. Fiederling, C. Becker, W. Ossau, G. Schmidt, L.W. Molenkamp, W. Weigand, E. Umbach, I.V. Sedova, S.V. Ivanov.
(2002). Molecular beam epitaxy of (Cd,Mn)Se on InAs, a promising material system for spintronics. (monograph)
- Z. H. Chen, M. Sokolowski, F. Stadler, M. Schneider, R. Fink, E. Umbach.
(2002). Influence of Step-Induced Antiphase Boundaries on the Surface Morphology of Zincblende-Type Semiconductors. (monograph)
- W. Weigand, C. Kumpf, M. Sokolowski, A. Bader, C. Schumacher, A. Möginger, W. Faschinger, L.W. Molenkamp, E. Umbach.
(2002). Discrete Mosaic 'Spread' at the Surface of ZnSe Layers on GaAs(001). (monograph)
- H. Neureiter, S. Schinzer, W. Kinzel, S. Tatarenko, M. Sokolowski.
(2000). Simultaneous layer-by-layer and step-flow sublimation on the CdTe(001) surface derived from a diffraction analysis. (monograph)
- H. Neureiter, S. Tatarenko, S. Spranger, M. Sokolowski.
(2000). Domain wall formation at the c(2´2)-(2´1) phase transition of the CdTe(001) surface. (monograph)
- H. Neureiter, S. Schinzer, M. Sokolowski, E. Umbach.
(1999). Smoothing kinetics of CdTe(001)-surfaces: indication for a step/terrace exchange barrier. (monograph)