Familial breast and ovarian cancer, multicenter study of the Deutsche Krebshilfe
Project management at the University of Würzburg:
As part of a multicenter study supported by the German Mildred Scheel foundation we have established an interdisciplinary counseling setting for members of breast and/or ovarian cancer families. We offer simultaneous counseling by a team consisting of a geneticist, a gynecologist and a psycho-oncologist.
BRCA1, BRCA2 genes
from 06.2000 to 05.2003
Sonstige Stiftung ( Deutsche Krebshilfe ) ,Granting date: 05.07.2000
- Weber BHF, Brohm M, Stec I, Backe J, Caffier H.
(1996). A somatic truncating mutation in BRCA2 in a sporadic breast tumor. Am J Hum Genet 59, 962-964, (scientific article)
- Hofferbert S, Brohm M, Weber BHF.
(1998). Search for TSG101 germline mutations in BRCA1/BRCA2-negative breast/ovarian cancer families. Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics 102, 86-87, (scientific article)
- Backe J, Hofferbert S, Skawran B, Dörk T, Stuhrmann M, Karstens JH, Untch M, Meindl A, Burgemeister R, Chang-Claude J, Weber BHF.
(1999). Frequency of BRCA1 mutation 5382insC in German breast cancer patients. Gynecol Oncol 72: 402-406, (scientific article)
- Breast Cancer Linkage Consortium.
(1999). Cancer risks in BRCA2 mutation carriers. J Natl.Cancer Inst 91: 1310-1316, (scientific article)
- Hofferbert S, Worringen U, Backe J, Rückert E-M, White K, Faller H, Grimm T, Caffier H, Chang-Claude J, Weber BHF.
(2000). Interdisciplinary counselling for familial breast/ovarian cancer in Germany: a study of patient perceptions and decision making. Genetic Counselling 11: 127-146, (scientific article)
- Meindl A and the German Consortium for Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer.
(2002). Comprehensive analysis of 989 patients with breast or ovarian cancer provides BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation profiles and frequencies for the German population. Int J Cancer 97:472-480, (scientific article)