Lehrstuhl für Kinderheilkunde
Josef-Schneider-Str. 2, 97080 Würzburg
Other participating persons and organisations:
Research foci (and basic equipment-based research projects):
1. Evaluation of a continous documentation for the development of healthy infants and children in cooperation with pediatric practitioners.
Auxiological measurements of high risk children, especially former preterms.
2. Longterm prognosis of children with central language developmental disorders by different clinical neurophysiological and neuropsychological methods with special regard to EEG-analysis and differentiation of different hearing disorders.
3. Diagnostic criterias for complex neuromuscular diseases in cooperation with several special institutes.
4. Evaluation of the clinical use of different antiepileptic drugs in multi-center-studies, e. g. Metsuximid, Sultiam, Oxcarbazepin and Topiramat.
5. Improvement of diagnosis and therapy in patients with cerebral palsy by standardized video-gait-analysis, controlled Botulinumtoxin-therapy and different measurements for life-quality.
6. Polygraphic sleep-registration and analysis in children with different diseases, e. g. craniofacial malformations, Chiari-malformation and upper respiratory tract obstruction.